Great news for potential Springers! We are looking for an account manager with good PR and social media skills. Is it you?
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d like you to show us!
Yes, we’d like to see your CV and a brief covering letter, but we’d ALSO like you to send us a press release, announcing your arrival at Spring, saying what you bring to the team, and what Spring (with you in it!) brings to the world of communications. Not just that, but write the tweet we’d send out the day you arrived, too. (Not on twitter please, just by email or post).
You’ll agree that any good communications programme requires research, so you’ll find the job description following; but we’d also encourage you to have a good look round this blog and our main website.
The role is available for an immediate start, so please submit your response by 29th April.
The purpose of the communications manager’s role is twofold. It is a) to act as the conduit between agency and client, grasping clients’ goals and making the best use of Spring’s resources to build and manage an effective campaign and b) to undertake writing and communications tasks on behalf of the agency.
- To support other staff members in raising the profile of Spring’s clients and Spring itself, through actions including:
- Press releases, to be written in an appropriate tone of voice. Circulation to the print, broadcast and digital media upon completion as appropriate and communications with the recipients to ensure take up.
- Research publications (on and off line) and also information to inform calendar planning, release writing and social media activities.
- Social media planning, management, content development and reporting.
- Engage appropriate press contacts and build a network of relationships. Use these relationships to ensure any press releases are sent to the appropriate media in a way to best achieve successful inclusion in the publication.
- Structured reporting on activity and take up.
- Attending and facilitating events and recording outcomes of those sessions.
- Any other required content writing for Spring’s clients in the appropriate tone of voice.
Account Management duties
- Research clients’ products, services, plans, competitors and markets
- Write creative briefs and review work against them
- Meet clients for briefings, tissue meetings and present ongoing proposals to clients for approval
- Brief agency colleagues, and work with them to plan and implement the best campaign solutions for the client
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Be prepared to work flexibly to meet project deadlines
- Travel frequently for meetings, and network with clients and prospects
- Meet clients to discuss strategy and report on progress
- Prepare agendas and minute meetings for the record, and circulate.
- Understand strategic requirements and act appropriately
- Respond to clients’ requests as they arise
- Take part in pitches for new contracts
- Set up jobs and ensure Spring financial systems are kept up to date
- Prepare and present workflow in project meetings
- On occasion Spring account handlers will be expected to undertake formal sales and marketing activities, and at all times to endeavour to develop existing business and be open to opportunities for new business.
Day to Day admin duties
- Supporting admin assistant
- Being first to answer phone or greet guests
- Support in setting up for meetings and providing refreshments
- Work with Head of PR, account handlers, planners and designers and provide support and guidance
- …and ask for the same when needed
- make use of other skills from across the agency and out of house to maintain job quality and efficiency
Skills and qualities
You will be:
- quick to absorb and analyse large amounts of information
- enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative
- creative, both in briefing, concept-input and problem solving
- approachable, outgoing and diplomatic
- a clear communicator, in person and writing
- able to present ideas with conviction
- highly organised and flexible
- good with figures
- IT literate
- comfortable working as part of a team
- skilled at negotiating and motivating others
- commercially aware
- smart in appearance
- ethical and personable.
We expect you at all times to show commitment to Spring and colleagues, and discretion about projects and other business matters.
- …to provide books, magazines and updates on websites etc as requested or at our instigation
- …to maintain an open door policy to directors and management team
- …to provide training, sometimes general, sometimes specific to your role
- …to deliver annual reviews of performance and support your career development.